And So It Begins....

Howdy there world...I'm using this blog to help inspire myself. My life is now ocassionally blessing me with moments of silence. With the rarity of this phenomenon, I've decided I need a kick in the keester to buck up and use this time wisely. I've longed for days filled with color and mess, where I could participate in the creation and not just the cleaning. So here it is...my challenge to myself is to use this time to create a new piece of art each week for the next six months. This blog will hopefully help keep me honest and on track. I will post each week my new piece and it's inspirations, giving one painting away a month to someone who sends me a comment. I hope you can enjoy these pieces as I enjoy the journey.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Patience (Sold) 11x14

Do you ever have those moments in life where you are wondering what kind of sense of humor mother nature has?  Do you cling to the tiny tender mercies of sunshine that you know are gifts strait from God?  Well that's where this story begins.  Each year as I get older, my patience or memory? grow smaller.  Call it seasonal depression, call it...was winter this long last year...but the last days of winter seem a large mountain to climb.  The air is often drear as I crave the arrival of spring.  (Drear not dreariness for the addition of "iness" implies to my mind that it belongs on words that are delicious...happiness, cheeriness).  So, the drear is annoying the socks right off me as I await the warm beams of sun that tan the skin and renew the vitamin D.  So...She is patiently awaiting spring and the blessings of the first peeks of color, the joys of being outside and the breezy warmth.   She keeps a forward focus not letting her surroundings dampened those butterflies in her tummy.  Her face is blessed with the all seeing eye to offer protection, from envy.  Envy of the San Diegoians, the St Georgians, the Hawaiians, the I'm cruising on Royal Caribbeanians.  The flower that thrives is the one touching her anticipatingly joyous heart. I am calling this piece..."Patience!?"

1 comment: