And So It Begins....

Howdy there world...I'm using this blog to help inspire myself. My life is now ocassionally blessing me with moments of silence. With the rarity of this phenomenon, I've decided I need a kick in the keester to buck up and use this time wisely. I've longed for days filled with color and mess, where I could participate in the creation and not just the cleaning. So here it is...my challenge to myself is to use this time to create a new piece of art each week for the next six months. This blog will hopefully help keep me honest and on track. I will post each week my new piece and it's inspirations, giving one painting away a month to someone who sends me a comment. I hope you can enjoy these pieces as I enjoy the journey.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

For All the Moms I've Loved Before (Sold) 8x11

My last painting sparked (besides a little guilt for rushing) an exciting inspiration for me.  With Mothers Day coming, loving my wonderful mom and love being a mom, I've been thinking a lot about all of the moms that have influenced my life.  Flowers are the perfect representation of mothers, per myself.  Flowers are so varied.  Some are beautiful, some smell wonderful, some start out odd, some are the perfect finish to the perfect arrangement, some are stinky, some are weeds, some are plain familiar but always constant, some are delicate and some are so interesting you can't help but wonder how on earth God came up with that formula.  Hmmm...so moms and flowers.  Like weeds some mothers are wonderful teachers of hard work.  Stinky ones???  Did you know that most stinky flowers stink for a reason??  Often to ward off insects and bugs, they protect other flowers.  Take a carnation...constant, simple, sometimes a filler but no less beautiful.  Sunflowers!!  They grow tall, strong, powerful under heat.  What inspiration ey??  So all of my pieces up to Mothers Day are going to be of Mothers (flowers).  If you decide to buy a piece for your Mother for Mothers Day $10 smackaroos off.  Yeah Moms!!

1 comment: