And So It Begins....

Howdy there world...I'm using this blog to help inspire myself. My life is now ocassionally blessing me with moments of silence. With the rarity of this phenomenon, I've decided I need a kick in the keester to buck up and use this time wisely. I've longed for days filled with color and mess, where I could participate in the creation and not just the cleaning. So here it is...my challenge to myself is to use this time to create a new piece of art each week for the next six months. This blog will hopefully help keep me honest and on track. I will post each week my new piece and it's inspirations, giving one painting away a month to someone who sends me a comment. I hope you can enjoy these pieces as I enjoy the journey.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Dear Mother I Learned How to Love Them from You (Sold) 8x10

So what started as an inspirational story on this one, kind of deflated, bummer.  My mom's love of flowers was the first idea that came to my mind. (Not to mention my mom's house looks like an art museum slammed into a garden, she has quite the art collection, jealous.)  Shamefully so, today my only desire was to get this piece finished for my blog.  My week is running away from me...and my season is the season of motherhood, and I would have it no other way.  So nothing too exciting except that I loved the short 2 hours I had to work on this piece and maybe because my mom was my inspiration, that is what brought on the mayhem.  Mayhem is motherhood right??  For those of you who know and love my mother, no one handles more mayhem than her.  I love you mom! (Interested for Mothers Day...$10 off Mothers Day Paintings and $20 same day framing.)

1 comment: