And So It Begins....

Howdy there world...I'm using this blog to help inspire myself. My life is now ocassionally blessing me with moments of silence. With the rarity of this phenomenon, I've decided I need a kick in the keester to buck up and use this time wisely. I've longed for days filled with color and mess, where I could participate in the creation and not just the cleaning. So here it is...my challenge to myself is to use this time to create a new piece of art each week for the next six months. This blog will hopefully help keep me honest and on track. I will post each week my new piece and it's inspirations, giving one painting away a month to someone who sends me a comment. I hope you can enjoy these pieces as I enjoy the journey.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I've Got the Blues?? (Sold) 8x10

Who made blue represent Boo-Hoo?  My new discovery...I love the color blue.   It's such an unexpected compliment, the Kate Blanchett of the color wheel.   So if it reminds you of the blues you sometimes feel in life...they may exist but if you look close enough, they are usually surrounded by fabulous joy.  (Interested for Mothers Day...$10 off Mothers Day Paintings and $20 same day framing.)

4 comments:

  1. This just might be my fav so far. I'm loving blue too. I just painted my son's room a beautiful blue. He loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have loved sitting at your bar while you paint and chatting. You amaze me with all of the talents you have- being an incredible friend and wonderful artist being just a couple of them. Sure love ya!
    BTW- I just realized it says this is Craig. Uh... ya, I don't think he sits and chats at your bar much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love blue and I love this painting! It was so great to see you last week! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blue. I've never liked blue much either but I've painted 2 rooms in my house blue. I picked them because I really liked the paint chips of them. I guess I like blue after all.

    ReplyDelete