And So It Begins....

Howdy there world...I'm using this blog to help inspire myself. My life is now ocassionally blessing me with moments of silence. With the rarity of this phenomenon, I've decided I need a kick in the keester to buck up and use this time wisely. I've longed for days filled with color and mess, where I could participate in the creation and not just the cleaning. So here it is...my challenge to myself is to use this time to create a new piece of art each week for the next six months. This blog will hopefully help keep me honest and on track. I will post each week my new piece and it's inspirations, giving one painting away a month to someone who sends me a comment. I hope you can enjoy these pieces as I enjoy the journey.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Rise (NFS)

Warm weather, the ability to be outside, my hubby and upcoming Father's Day...here we go.  I'm an outdoors kind of gal.  Perfection is walking early in the morning, alone...with some great tunes warming me up.  On those disappointing mornings when my ipod is lifeless, my husband's comes to the rescue, normal Pink and John Denver tracks are replaced by Black Label Something, Godsmack, headaches...fierce and anger...until I stumbled upon a Cult jem.  The song "Rise" makes me want to do just that.  Yeah the world maybe up against my back (yes in my simply easy life the laundry, fighting kids, wifely duties, callings and even the scale can be my world) but still I rise.  This piece is a work in serious progress...so I will keep updates on it's progression.  But simply remember...you have wings upon your back and you can fly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment