And So It Begins....

Howdy there world...I'm using this blog to help inspire myself. My life is now ocassionally blessing me with moments of silence. With the rarity of this phenomenon, I've decided I need a kick in the keester to buck up and use this time wisely. I've longed for days filled with color and mess, where I could participate in the creation and not just the cleaning. So here it is...my challenge to myself is to use this time to create a new piece of art each week for the next six months. This blog will hopefully help keep me honest and on track. I will post each week my new piece and it's inspirations, giving one painting away a month to someone who sends me a comment. I hope you can enjoy these pieces as I enjoy the journey.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Tide Is High (Sold) 10x13


I think it has finally happened...I think I am some how middle aged.  I'm not sure how or when it occurred, maybe when my daughter started wearing my clothes, or maybe when I decided that eating a grundle of cookies with my kids is a lot funner than watching my weight.  However, it has happened, and though I have waited in fear, bring it on baby...I love it!!  There is a calm that sweeps over you, though you know worldly expectations are still raging, money is still dwindling and kids are still complaining...it has become my chaotic peace.  Sure my hips are wider, my hair is thinner? (yes that is possible even on me), my boobs (as expensive as they were) are even a little saggier, and I often wonder who that lady is staring back at me in the mirror, concealer...another tender mercy of God, but when scanning my time line it is all moving way too fast.  So this is my piece that is inspired by wearing my banner of motherhood, wifehood and middle-agedhood loud and proud.  Speak less, open those ears and listen more.  Keep my eyes closed to judge less and open my heart to love more.   Remember what is important is not what was or what will be, but what is. 

5 comments:

  1. I want this. And I want her hair. love it. you are really amazing. LIbby

    ReplyDelete
  2. You writing is as amazing as your art! You say the things that i think... but i could never say them as cool as you do! Im loving "patience" as much as i did the day i got her. And i just got a msg from mikelle saying how much she loves her "blues". Your painting made it into her living room.. you and i both know thats big! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one.. Hope you remember me went to school with your hubby. I may just have to tell my hubby to buy this one if it isn't gone yet

    ReplyDelete
  4. So far this week I've made mac and cheese, Pizza and Pancakes for dinner, all ideas from my kids. So far I think I gained a pound but who's counting. Not me, I don't even have a scale. I also wore 1990's jeans today. I want to spent less time thinking and more time living. Love your pict and post. I love you. Sista Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your art and I love the way write! I am blessed to have a Rachel Waters original....Sooooooo Talented! Love, Your moms best friend

    ReplyDelete