And So It Begins....

Howdy there world...I'm using this blog to help inspire myself. My life is now ocassionally blessing me with moments of silence. With the rarity of this phenomenon, I've decided I need a kick in the keester to buck up and use this time wisely. I've longed for days filled with color and mess, where I could participate in the creation and not just the cleaning. So here it is...my challenge to myself is to use this time to create a new piece of art each week for the next six months. This blog will hopefully help keep me honest and on track. I will post each week my new piece and it's inspirations, giving one painting away a month to someone who sends me a comment. I hope you can enjoy these pieces as I enjoy the journey.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My Getaway (Sold) 22x28

So my parents purchased a vacation home down south.  I have a love hate relationship with it...meaning when I'm down there I hate leaving and love EVERY stinking second.  The love affair draws from, sunshine, warmth, breezes, pools, lack of responsibility, lack of cleaning and my lack of having to pay for it.  Because I don't pay for it I shouldn't have an opinion right?  Well being the oldest girl...wrong.  That's all I have are opinions.  So when my dad tells me he is going to make a canvas out of an old spring bar tent to staple on the wall as a canvas for me to do a southwestern mural, my creative mind thinks "Wow dad impressive" but my bossy mind thinks "are you freakin' crazy...you are going to ruin my haven!"  So this piece was inspired by trying to  ease my father's worried mind that his southern home isn't decorated southern enough.  So Happy Fathers Day dad...I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment